01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Marinated Kale and Quinoa Salad

Monday, March 3, 2014

Marinated Kale and Quinoa Salad

Well, my gluten-free experiment didn’t really amount to much.  So everyone who read Wheat Belly can take their ‘lifestyle’…and just be glad they don’t have Celiac Disease.  My energy was the same, the Mercury retrograde finally left us and the weird dreams I was having, and my face got clearer because I was using my Clarisonic daily. 

So my bread eating friends, you are safe!  Let’s celebrate with a salad because the winter of our discontent is not over.

Marinated Kale and Quinoa Salad (serves one as a main course or two as a starter)


Ingredients:
1.5 cups of de-stemmed chopped kale (make sure you wash it too)
Juice and zest of ½ a lemon
1 Tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1-2 Tablespoon of daiya or mozzarella
¼ cup cooked quinoa

Combine all ingredients and really get your hands in and rub those leaves with the lemon/maple syrup/olive oil.  Let sit for 30 minutes or however long you can tolerate, I let this sit while I watched a DVR episode of Chelsea Lately.   

Calories:  240
Protein: 6
Fiber: 5