01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Open Face Tostadas

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Open Face Tostadas




Yep.  We had another 4" of snow and I've decided that despite my efforts to not be seasonally depressed, I'm going to just enjoy the misery of it all.  Whatever.  I'll make Mexican food to suffice.  This recipe comes from one of my meal prep adventures.

This is what my weekly meal prep consisted of:

1 lb. of cooked ground turkey seasoned with 1 teaspoon of smoked sea salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes...or just add a pouch of fajita seasoning

1 head of shredded romaine lettuce

1 lb. of zucchini sauteed in wine and a splash of olive oil

Sauteed peppers (2 lbs.)

Tortillas


This is how I made a tostada for myself:

Ingredients (for one)
1/3 cup ground turkey mix from above
1/2 cup zucchini
1/2 cup peppers
1 cup lettuce
2 TBS low-fat ranch dressing
1/4 cup of cheese
1 tortilla

Toast one tortilla on each side for 2 minutes, while the other side is cooking top with 1 TBS of cheese.  Set on plate.  Heat of turkey and vegetables until warm and add remaining cheese, put on tortilla.  Add shredded lettuce and ranch.

Eat.

See meal prep can give you a fast meal in less than 10 minutes.

Calories: 400
Protein: 25
Fiber: 8