01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Real Food, Fat Included

Monday, March 25, 2013

Real Food, Fat Included

Superficial or the fake food of the diet industry isn't the worst thing on earth.  The Weight Watchers ..Skinny Cow, etc. are kinda the Kardashians of the culinary world.  This recent article in the Wall Street Journal, "Let Them Eat Fat", the author, Ron Rosenbaum touts the benefits (to your taste buds) of eating real food that happens to be more Paula Deen than Jillian Michaels.  

Fries from Ray's Place, Kent, Ohio.  Yes, that's ranch dressing.
"Preventing obesity is a laudable goal, but it has become the rationale for indiscriminate fat hunters. It can shade into a kind of bullying of the overweight, a badgering of anyone who likes butter or heavy cream. To the antifat crusaders, I say: Attack fatty junk food all you want. I'm with you. But you can deny me my roasted marrow bones when you pry them from my cold, dead hands."


Will the grass-fed lamb chops that I munch on over Easter probably kill me with saturated fat?  Probably not.  If I gain 30 lbs sit on my @ all day, yea, probably.  



"You watch: Once my style of luxe fatty eating catches on and people start to see that moderate portions of extreme pleasure don't make them obese, fat will become the new health food. My dream diet book: "Eat Fat, Stay Slim." I'll have my cakes and ale with a helping of roast goose, if you please."