01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Healthy Holiday Cookie Recipes From The Web

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Healthy Holiday Cookie Recipes From The Web

Sometime in the late 80's and or early 90's, I had what I initially thought was a brilliant idea--I'd leave a beer out for Santa.  How much milk can one person drink?  I really just knew that when it was summer my dad would cut grass and he would drink a Rolling Rock or Yuengling Lager (we are quite the Pennsylvanians).  
Bordeaux Wine, 'Tis the Season
Needless to say, I never put any real thought into cookies outside of how many I could consecutively fit into my mouth.  Impressive goals which somehow lead to a career in health and nutrition.    

There are no guidelines for healthy cookies this time of year (or really any other time).  I try to make stuff that is under 150 Calories per piece (you can also just make everything really small and annoy people by putting the Calories on them as I do).  

Here is a recap from the web that looked pretty awesome to me:
Now, off to the treadmill so I might be able to eat one of these!