01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Chardonnay and Shredding Excuses

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chardonnay and Shredding Excuses

I was going to title this, "Complimentary Wines For Your Dinner Which Might Be Cereal".  Then I figured I should practice good blogging and just title it as posted.

Today was the bottomless, no carb left behind day.  Thursdays are typically like this and well, I need to stop it. It seems like anything that is a detour from my regular week day routine sends me into a carb frenzy.  Yea, I ate 2000 Calories which really isn't considered binge eating but I had these epic plans that I would be the
P90x-itian at the beach in a month.

My motto :)No, I'm the dietitian that bought granola from Trader Joe's, not needing granola but a bowl of granola and a $4 Chardonnay sounded like a great 300 Calorie plan for dinner after a day that included a whole grain bagel (with cream cheese), oatmeal, peanut butter sandwich on more whole grain bread which was then followed by two bags of Skinny Cow candy and a pear.

I am preparing for diabetes in 5 minutes.

But cereal for dinner and Chardonnay?  They actually go quite well together.

So what do you do when you have excuses?  This article from Allure magazine, "The Best Celebrity Trainer Tricks for Gym Motivation" has me ready to get off the couch...tomorrow.