01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: "I will not be shamed by this."

Sunday, October 2, 2011

"I will not be shamed by this."

I felt a comment from one of my favorite 'junk' reads was appropriate.  This was a hectic weekend filled with Mick's (my dad) birthday Friday; the surprise party I threw them Saturday in Pittsburgh at Buca Di Bepo for their 30th anniversary; and my binge eating for three straight days (as a former 'fat person' I am allowed to use the term binge freely as I have had that street cred). 


I tried to make up for it all by running Saturday morning during the crappy low pressure system that hung over the western part of the state like a frat boy after a bender.  Then I did more power yoga since I felt compelled to buy a yoga block.  


Lois Lane in down dog

 On your right is the calorie bomb, white cake with blackberry filling and lemon buttercream.  I ate a piece for breakfast and had a cup of coffee.  I am fully aware that there was no protein, fiber, or anything modestly healthy in it.

 Steve and I spent Saturday night like a bunch of old people reading the weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal.  If you notice above he is fully capable of consuming an entire container of Ben & Jerry's without any problems.  


How to plan a recovery diet:


1.  Take total number of Calories you usually need and subtract 200-300 from that.
2.  Focus on lean protein, tons of water, and vegetables.  
3.  Do it on a Monday because you might eat cake for Sunday breakfast.
4.  Work out a bit longer; depending on the damage you might want to eat like this for 2-3 days.
5.  Don't make it a habit but overeating happens to the best of us.