01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Resolve to Start Early: Peanut Butter No Bake Oatmeal

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Resolve to Start Early: Peanut Butter No Bake Oatmeal

#cleaneating #nutrition #dietitian #health


I still want to eat cookies but my abs have been actually hanging in there pretty good.  I was thinking about New Year's Resolutions and possibly more of a lifestyle change focusing on stress management (while still getting my Master's).  This past year had a lot of financial worries: car, wedding, tuition, etc.  It drove me nuts just spending, fretting, and not doing a lot of things that made me particularly happy.

This oatmeal came from a few of those things: it's cheap (as $$ makes me anxious), fast (as I don't need to fret about it), and its happy carbs will up my ever seasonally lagging serotonin (why is it raining this much in December?!).





Ingredients:
2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal
1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter
2 cups of Silk Coconut Milk (unsweetened vanilla)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 Tablespoon of brown sugar

In a sauce pot, heat over medium high for 2 minutes, spritz with non-stick spray and add oatmeal, cook for 1 minute and add milk, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla.  Cook for about 5 minutes.  Can be made the night before.

Serves two.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 296 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
257
Calories from Fat 
111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
12.4g
19%
Saturated Fat 
6.1g
30%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%

Total Carbohydrates 
29.2g
10%
Dietary Fiber 
4.7g
19%
Sugars 
2.2g
Protein 
7.1g
Vitamin A 10%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 45%Iron 18%