01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Buffalo Wing Cheddar Mac & Cheese

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Buffalo Wing Cheddar Mac & Cheese

Almost 4 cups of food for less than 300 Calories.  10 g protein.  8 g fiber.  
hurts so good.

The accountant will tell you this is not really pasta but is spaghetti squash.  He kindly pointed out on my Facebook page, "Scam Alert: this is Spaghetti Squash. I saw her fork it myself."  We're still planning our nuptials for November and well, there is an expectation to be thin and bonny for these things.  

Anyway, a trip back to my parents' home in Southwestern Pennsylvania brought with it random things from Fencerow Farmers Market.  I usually buy all of my meat from here because it comes from local places and is a lot cheaper than what I can find in Columbus.  My mom sent me back with a brick of hot buffalo wing cheese.

You can use helluva good or just regular Cheddar and hot sauce to your liking.

You'll need
"forked" spaghetti squash (split one in half, scoop seeds out, and nuke one half at a time in the microwave for 7-12 minutes (mine was done in a 1200 watt microwave and took only 7 minutes

for a single serving use 2-3 cups of spaghetti squash, add to that
1/4 cup marinara sauce
1/4 shredded buffalo wing cheddar cheese
2 TBS chopped walnuts
1-2 TBS goat cheese (makes it all nice and thick)