01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Froyo Cookie Dough Gelatto From The Kitchen No Ice Cream Maker Required

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Froyo Cookie Dough Gelatto From The Kitchen No Ice Cream Maker Required

Look at you, you sexy frozen treat.
Initially, I had an ice cream attachment on my wedding registry for about 5 minutes and I realized I'm not going to be buying a pint of cream any time soon. It went the way of the Spice Girls and I got a food processor instead.  You can make this with a hand mixer, so if you're in a sad, college apartment on your futon ready to cry, this might make it better.

//You'll need//
3 TBS unsalted butter (or Earth Balance)
3 TBS peanut butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 pancake mix (sounds weird but just do it)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Cream this together until fluffy.

Add one 8 oz container of vanilla Greek yogurt, don't use plain or it will be overly tangy.
Fold in 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips

Freeze for 4 to 8 hours.  You'll need to let it sit out for 5-10 minutes and use an ice cream scoop.  I can't promise it will be easy but I can promise it will be worth it.

To veganize:
use Earth Balance, 1 mashed banana, and drain 2 containers of coconut or soy yogurt over a cheese cloth/strainer in a bowl overnight in the fridge to get the water out, you could also be lazy and use tofu.