01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Dining Al Desko: High Protein Oatmeal

Monday, May 27, 2013

Dining Al Desko: High Protein Oatmeal



It was 11 AM and I was ready for my 2nd post-breakfast snack.  It was also a Friday when my diet usually goes straight to hell.

I made granola because I still had a large container leftover from National Nutrition Month.

You'll need (yes, this is a recipe that can be easily fudged)
2 cups oatmeal
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 TBS coconut oil
1/2 TBS peanut butter
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine protein powder and milk with melted coconut oil/peanut butter and salt in a bowl...stir crazy...Aside from the bad joke, add the oatmeal and put on a baking sheet for 10 minutes, give it a good shake and let it go another ten until desired 'toasted' level is achieved.