01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Tortilla Tarantella

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tortilla Tarantella

As a quick re-cap, July and the start of August have been nuts.  The accountant and I got engaged, we moved into a bigger apartment, half-marathon training has been intense which was followed by impressive amounts of procrastination/'bloggers block'.  We finally have the internet in our new digs along with cable and hot water.  I usually go to the gym 4-5 times per week and usually hit a yoga studio and run on three other occasions.  Well, when you don't have hot water...you go to the gym for the hot showers.  Every day.

At some point in July I was on a Tex-Mex kick which means I rely on just about any sort of boxed mix out of my fear of screwing it up terribly.  I do the same thing with any attempts at Asian food as well.

The first recipe is a baked chicken tostada dish with sauteed peppers/onions/and chicken wrapped in tortillas with refried beans and baked with salsa and cheese.

At the bottom is a fruit tortilla with Gouda and avocado.