01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Fat Kid Food Friday Feature: BBQ Chicken (Oven Friendly For Apartment Dwellers)

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fat Kid Food Friday Feature: BBQ Chicken (Oven Friendly For Apartment Dwellers)

I'm publishing this a day early so I can workout tomorrow morning but I figured if you don't know what to eat tomorrow night...

I really haven't had a food post and I was worried this is turning into a pseudo running blog/hater of annoying gym people blog.  Because it's summer and I'm trying to get myself excited about 110 Calories for 4 oz of chilly Moscato or Muscat (if available)...I needed something to welcome in the new season.

Chicken + heat + something exciting...

BBQ Chicken!

Mine is three ingredients and can be assembled and consumed within the hour.

Ingredients:
BBQ Sauce (1/2 a bottle or more depending on how saucy you like it)
2 tsp of turmeric (my anti-inflammatory buddy)
1/2 cup of Heinz Ketchup (no substitutions please)
chicken (I used two breasts with rib meat and drumsticks for the accountant, it's also free range from Trader Joe's, by getting the less processed chicken you save a few bucks) you're welcome to rip the skin off after the first baking process, I like to do this to keep it moist and reduce the fat.

Line a baking sheet with tin foil and preheat oven to 450.  Bake chicken for 20 minutes.  While chicken is baking, combine first 3 ingredients (you can play with how much of each to add) in a large bowl and place a few pieces of chicken in to coat then back on the baking sheet and into the oven for another 12 minutes.  Let cool for 10 minutes so the juices redistribute.