01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: "Fat kid food". Build Yourself A Better Burrito.

Monday, April 16, 2012

"Fat kid food". Build Yourself A Better Burrito.

All my favorite food groups wrapped in carbs.
In college, the rec center jocks were fairly entertaining.  Actually, all gym stereotypes were available at the Kent State Rec Center: skinny sorority girls on ellipticals, meatheads and frat boys in the weight room, and "if I were taller" LeBron James wannabes.

But there were two reasons we went to the 'Rec' (possibly more if you had other priorities in life): spring break and Chipotle (some might add: stress relief, Guys Pizza, drinking, and 'a healthy lifestyle' but we will have none of that in this post).

Well my avid readers, before you feel that you can only eat Chipotle after a hot yoga class and 3 days of solid fasting with four rounds of P90x this fabulous little website: Chipotle Fan allows you to add up your caliente Calories.  Killer.


As you can see I like the Burrito Bol: double fajita veg, chicken, tomato/green salsa, lettuce, sour cream and guacamole (on the side because I usually want more the next day).



Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 545Cal from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31g48%
Saturated Fat 11g55%
Trans Fat 0g 
Cholesterol 155mg52%
Sodium 1740mg73%
Total Carbs 27g9%
Dietary Fiber 11g44%
Sugars 13g 
Protein 40g 
Vitamin A0%Vitamin C0%
Calcium0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
INGREDIENTS: Tomato Salsa,Red Tomatillo Salsa,Fajita Veggies,Chicken (4oz),Lettuce,Guacamole (4oz),Sour Cream



Wow.  That's not too bad.  This is how it works in a daily meal plan.  By figuring this out, I can have Chipotle or something else fabulous.  

I will probably like 1500 something Calories.  I have a desk job (awesome telephonic nutrition counseling) but I get up frequently to harass coworkers, print literature for my clients, and at times drive my supervisors nuts (or at least a make a great effort to).  I figured out my Basal Metabolic Rate which would be the number of Calories I need to exist (breathe, cells to do their thing, blood flow, thoughts albeit few).  I use that magical number and combine it with however many Calories I expend during a workout (which is why I love my Polar Watch and highly recommend something like it).  If I want to lose weight I move more and what not.  You get the picture.

Therefore, I will probably eat two breakfasts (coffee with milk and egg whites, then oatmeal with walnuts when I get to work); lunch will consist of some kind of protein (two cheese sticks) and some kind of pasta deal with vegetables, and an afternoon snack of grapes.  This is roughly 850-900 Calories leaving me room for Chipotle goodness since I have a 3 mile tempo run.  

In Chipotle we trust.