01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: З Різдвом, Merry Christmas!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

З Різдвом, Merry Christmas!

No, I haven't quite lost it yet.  Although, I'm close.  Getting back into my life's regular routine was terrible this past week.  I yearned to hold onto 'being off' as did most people.  Tragic!
 
Today is one of my favorite Christmases (I've been fortunate to celebrate three during the holiday season).  Alas, this is the last one until the other end of 2012 comes around. 

My Ukrainian roots call upon what I grew up with as "Russian Christmas".  I was fortunate to have a Bubba (great-grandmother) until I was about eight and she departed us in 1993.  We've kept the celebration alive since then!

This is not uncommon to celebrate in Southwest PA.  If I remember correctly, more than 75% of the Pittsburgh area is some kind of Eastern European.

Pierogies for all!

For the rest of us social drinkers out there (you know who you are), whist listening to various podcasts on the drive home, I picked up The Wine Crush here is the link to their regular website.  I was listening to this week's episode where they talked about a new website ("If you have ten minutes to spare.") called Drinkify

Drinkify is a pretty cool concept, type in the musician you're listening to and Drinkify will match you with a drink so "you're not alone."

Because of my undying love of The Black Keys, here is what it suggested:

“The Black Keys”

  • 8 oz. Canadian Club Whiskey
  • 8 oz. Rose's lime juice
  • 10 oz. Rum
Combine in shaker and strain into cocktail glass. Serve.

For those of us who are exercising restraint, check out WebMD's Low-Calorie Cocktails.