01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Weight Loss On The Fast Track

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Weight Loss On The Fast Track

{Stay Hungry}  {Stay Foolish}  ~Steve Jobs

Happy Saturday everyone, I attempted to sleep in and really considered going to an 8 AM spin class.  Instead I'm drinking coffee, watching the sunrise because I can't seem to sleep in this week, and I'm packing for the Notre Dame-Maryland game tonight.


I never get fast food, I just steal donuts from work.  Le tragic.  Oh, well.  Many of my colleagues and friends rely on the golden arches (Mc Donald's) or "Eat-Mor-Chikin" (Chick-Fil-A).

The question I pose is this, can I make a 1500 Calorie diet (if you have no idea how many calories you need, click here for the Mayo Clinic's Calorie Counter), somewhat healthy?  Note this will be higher in sodium, lower in vegetables and I don't recommend using this every day.


This will rock out 3 meals and a snack (I tried to hit a few different restaurant chains).

Breakfast  
McDonald's: Egg McMuffin
                    Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
460 Calories, 22 g protein, ~4 g fiber
*Protein keeps you full

Lunch
Wendy's: Small Chili
               Baked Potato with low-fat sour cream and broccoli
540 Calories, 27 g protein, 15 g fiber

Dinner/Snack
Chick-fil-A: Chargrilled Southwest Chicken Salad with a small fruit cup and Yogurt Parfait with Cookie Crumbs
533 Calories, 33 g protein, 6 g fiber

1533 Calories, 82 protein, 25 g fiber

AGH!  33 Calories over...but all that filling protein!