01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Almighty Zucchini.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Almighty Zucchini.

This is going to be a long post as I am trying to combine several elements: recipes, photos, vices, and news.


First off I LOVE Men's Health.  I subscribe to Women's Health as my gender directs me to, but this website has some great articles.  Albeit, manly ones.

  • Red Wine Improves Your Memory:  The same drink that made you forget where you left your credit card last night may actually improve your memory! Polyphenols, a kind of antioxidant in red wine, may reduce your risk of Alzhemier’s disease, studies show.
  • Your Gut Is Making You ForgetfulIf your pants size is inching upward, memory problems may be in your future, according to a study at the University of California, Davis.
I needed carbs this past weekend.  Well, pasta for the most part as I really haven't touched the noodle of my heritage (my mother's maiden name was Angeloni which practically beckons the Jersey Shore cast.







Pasta Pesto with Cherry Tomatoes
(serves 4)
1/2 lb. whole wheat pasta
2 cups basil
3/4 cup 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 pints cherry tomatoes


Directions:
Boil pasta according to package directions.  Puree in a food processor (blender, etc) basil, olive oil, Greek Yogurt until smooth.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
Slice cherry tomatoes in half.  Toss everything together and enjoy!





 Linguini Estate (Summer Linguini)
1 box whole wheat Linguini
1-2 lbs. tomatoes (red and yellow) diced/seeds removed
1/4 cup Olivio Light
1-2 lbs. zucchini/yellow squash chopped/sauteed in 1 TBS olive oil
1-8oz can white beans
Garlic Salt, Pepper, Hot Pepper (to taste)


Boil pasta according to directions and drain.  Add vegetables and enjoy!