01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Glorious Cupcakes

Friday, April 22, 2011

Glorious Cupcakes

When I was growing up in the 80's, my Punky Brewster formative years, my mom used to break out the Joy Cones and make the infamous ice cream cone cupcakes.

Here's my lower Calorie version with a peanut butter frosting top.





Recipe:
1/2 box of chocolate cake mix (I used Trader Joe's Chocolate Cake Mix)
1 can diet cola
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 mashed banana
flat bottom ice cream cones (i.e. Joy Cone)

Frosting:
1/4 cup peanut butter
Fat-Free Sugar Free Whipped Topping
1/2 can vanilla frosting
sprinkles for top

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.Combine first three ingredients (you might not need the entire can of cola) and fill cones 3/4 full.  Bake for 18-25 minutes.  Let cool, top with 1 TBS whipped topping.

Mix frosting and peanut butter, top cupcakes with icing and sprinkles if desired.

Makes 15 Servings:
180 Calories, 2 g protein, 25 g Carbs, 0 g fiber