01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Do-It-Yourself Pumpkin Spice Latte

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Do-It-Yourself Pumpkin Spice Latte

I love coffee.  I love heavy mugs.  I live for Starbucks (the fact they're responsible in community and sustainability makes me happy too).  So what does one do when they're an hour from their favorite coffee haven?

Make your own Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Serves 1.

Equipment
coffeemaker
frother (they run cheap)
mug

Ingredients
2/3 cup strong coffee
1 TBS Pumpkin Puree (I'm lazy and go right for the can)
1/2 tsp of cinnamon, nutmeg, or 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp vanilla
2-3 packets of zero calorie sweetener
1/4 cup 1% milk
2 TBS of low fat whipped topping

Whisk coffee, pumpkin, spices/vanilla/sweetener in a mug.  Froth milk to thick consistency and fold into coffee/pumpkin.  Top with whipped topping. Can be doubled or tripled.

Serves 1, time <10 minutes.
80 Calories, 1 g fiber, 8 g Carbohydrates