01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: "I must do something" always solves more problems than "Something must be done."

Saturday, October 3, 2009

"I must do something" always solves more problems than "Something must be done."


It has been quite a lovely Saturday here in Maryland. I can't complain too much about the college "children" that need to play corn hole in my apartment's parking lot. I wanted to add a photo of my boyfriend's Yorkie poo, Sidney for some comic relief.


During these past few months as summer melted into autumn, I couldn't help but me consumed by the health care reform cluster !*$#.


I basically came to a few conclusions on how Americans can take on their own health responsibility.


Eat less.


Novel concept. I really should get this one trademarked and sell it to the masses:



Trim Spa?


No. I'm doing the "Eat Less" program. It's works so well that my thighs quit setting themselves on fire...



Obesity and the mental atrophy diseases of Alzheimer's/dementia really sack up the majority of the health care costs in this country. Granted, we don't have the one shot cure to bring Nana's wits back but we can take a stab at controlling the one thing we do everyday which is eat.


Responsibility is something we do not want to deal with, unemployment is at some Halloween slasher level of 9.something%, we are a nation at war, and people that yell at town hall meetings are rude and should have shoes thrown at them.


I believe in free speech but there are times when silence is golden.


Quit holding up the bus, we need to get somewhere with this pal.


Until that magic day happens when we go from being a society that treats illness rather than preventing it, I say we stand up and take matters into our own hands on this one.


Commit to a healthy lifestyle.


The Internet has more than enough credible resources from the Men's/Women's Health sites, the USDA's MyPyramid.gov program, heck, you can Google 1800 calorie diet plan and have it at your finger tips.
Educate yourself and do something.