01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Carbs, Fruit Flies, and the Arrival of Summer to the East Coast...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Carbs, Fruit Flies, and the Arrival of Summer to the East Coast...


So I thought I'd throw in a photo of myself with my favorite source of B vitamins that I previously consumed in Annapolis, Maryland a few months ago on a weekend getaway. I can't say I was quite the fan of ripping crabs apart. Honestly, it's pretty gross and once my friend April said, "just rip the lungs out", I practically became a vegetarian.
Being the Pittsburgher I am, I'll take a plate of pierogies over the dissecting of a blue crab (esp. when it's eyes are looking at you).
Anyway, if you don't have Skinny and the City coming to your inbox, you're missing out on a lot of awesome nutrition-ness (yes, I've taken to creating my own words at this point).
Today I got a link to Goji cookies which look worth the practically non-existent calories and other antioxidants baked into each lovely bite.
Anyway, with this delicious/miserable heat wave that has finally come across the Free State, I'm currently deep in battle with a small winged beast known as the fruit fly. So I better continue my slaying!
In health.