01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Tagalong Blizzard Bli$$

Friday, July 24, 2009

Tagalong Blizzard Bli$$


Alright, so everyone at work was dipping out early and I was tying up the loose ends of everything I didn't manage to finish this week during survey. I figured I'd enjoy some calories...and I mean some CALORIES.


I decided to pay homage to the Dairy Queen Gods and dive into a small Tagalong Blizzard. When I figured it would be pushing the 800 calorie mark (I tasted the peanut butter fabulousness and figured this was worth the elliptical and weights at the gym) I found out it's just a notch under 600 calories at the 560 calorie mark.


Not too bad.


How can you work this delightful dairy splurge into your weight loss plan.



Here's a breakdown if you're on a 1300 calorie diet.


Breakfast

220-240 calories

*coffee with 1/4 cup 2% milk and calorie free sweetener --30 calories

*1/4 cup Fiber One cereal--30 calories, 7 grams of fiber

*1/2 cup blueberries--about 40-50 calories, 3ish grams of fiber

*1 cup egg substitute cooked in fat free cooking spray 120 calories


AM Snack

*1 cup of low fat yogurt, 100 calories


Lunch

330-380 calories

*1 slice of Kashi pizza-250-300 calories

*1 cup of salad with 2 TBS low fat ranch dressing-80 calories


Glorious DQ Tagalong Blizzard.


Enjoy the Friday and the 1300 calories....