01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: "You Dirty Bird", Rinsing Off Raw Chicken Is Passe.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

"You Dirty Bird", Rinsing Off Raw Chicken Is Passe.

I strongly hate raw meat so much that I really don't eat that much meat.  I try to effectively pass it off by trying to act like I'm on top of food trends and say that I'm a flexitarian and only eat meat a few times per week just out of my own tiredness for vegetarian sources of protein.  The articleDon't Panic! Your Questions On (Not) Washing Raw Chickens from NPR on my Facebook news feed this morning.  Basically, change the locale of where you get your chicken from if it smells like (not teen spirit) chlorine.  Chickens can be dunked in it to increase their raw lifespan in the cooler.  I honestly buy the whole roaster (praying that the giblets are tucked into a bag that I can pull out and discard--yes, they're gross) from the freezer section, thaw it in the fridge for about 3-4 days and then with a rather large knife I remove the back bone and break the rest of the bird down (it sounds like a horror movie but is a great way to relieve tension).