01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: The Friendly Paleo Diet

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Friendly Paleo Diet

I recently stumbled upon Appetite For Health, a website run by...dietitians!  I was skimming through blog posts and an interesting piece of Paleo Diets that doesn't make me cringe. 

To summerize some of the principles the site lists basically...eat clean!
Eat the whole food not the processed or juiced version...i.e. a banana not banana chips...blueberries not a 'multi-grain' blueberry fake food health bar.  Focus on vegetables, fruit, nuts and cut out processed/white flour (no white bread, rice, or...dessert).  Choose quality lean protein (organic if possible to increase omega-3 fatty acids).  Drink mostly water...

I'm pretty sure this is your regular healthy diet minus the bread.  Not that low-carb diets need to return (I won't rant this time) but cutting out a starch will save calories which is where I suspect the weight loss comes from.