01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Musings Of The Tired Dietitian.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Musings Of The Tired Dietitian.

I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into when I signed up for this half-marathon.  I started a new program at the gym and spent quality time with my over excited trainer (who is pretty awesome, now when I think about lifting anything heavier than the remote I get scared).  I've decided that you really don't need to run 6 days a week for this endeavor.  Since I've read more about the FIRST program running more isn't always about running faster and more awesome.  I get the same excited runner's high off of lifting and P90x DVDs (I miss you Tony Horton and your relentless plugging for the post-workout shakes).
TBDMthumb
From Nadia G's bitchinlifestyle.tv

So anyway, back to my trainer.  He was excited, I got excited and then I ran 8 miles for the first time ever today.  Which brings me to my current situation of sitting on the couch thinking about stretching and drinking more water but I'd rather watch the Cooking Channel.  I love food trucks.  I also feel like I need to consistently keep plugging Nadia G's show on the Cooking Channel.

Here is my last shameless plug for the day:
 The nutrition twins are two RDs based in NYC (also fellow SCAN members and alumni of the University of Maryland--my former haunt).  Check out their blog and website at http://nutritiontwins.com/blog.

Time to foam roll!