01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Happy Anniversary Two Buck Chuck And Other Musings Of A Dietitian

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Anniversary Two Buck Chuck And Other Musings Of A Dietitian


While leafing through this week's Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer for my ingredients for this week's pot of All-American Chili from Cooking Light.   I then saw the absolute greatest-cheapest wine next to the Boone's Farm one regrets at the age of seventeen featured for its decade of frugality.

I mean you could be a bit more sophisticated  and listen to The Crush Podcast or educate yourself on the Wall Street Journal's wine column.  But when it comes down to it, it's still a bottle of grapes.  Just like a diamond was a hunk of coal.  Happy Birthday to my beloved Two Buck Chuck.

I was also enlightened by The New York Times on the wine selection consumed by the Mexican drug lords.

Is there any actual nutritional insight to this post besides my learning that 2 to 4 oz of wine per day can decrease the risk of Alzheimer's and weighs in at a measly 120-150 Calories per 6 oz glass?

Not really.