This past weekend's adventures included almost simultaneously combusting at the Pitt home opener where they were lucky to get past the University of Buffalo. It was 95 degrees and by 9 PM it was a frigid 80 degrees. Don't get me started on humidity.
Today's blog post is dedicated to the Strip District in Pittsburgh (there are no actual strippers in the daytime) and the sweet potato.
Sweet Potatoes Two Ways:
Roasted Sweet Potato with Pesto and Fig Balsamic Reduction:
- Reduce any balsamic vinegar to nectar or honey consistency in a pot over medium heat for ~20 minutes for a cup
- 2 sweet potatoes roasted at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, wrapped in foil (poke 'em so they don't explode)
- 1 TBS per potato of goat cheese (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 TBS pesto/sweet potato (I'll post my recipe later this week)
- 1 TBS salami cubed per sweet potato (or a strip of bacon)
280 Calories, 8 g protein, 6 g fiber
Pan Seared Sweet Potato with Goat Cheese, Pesto, and Slivered Almonds
- Cut sweet potato on an angle and place on one side in a pan over medium heat for 3 minutes until caramelized.
- Top with 1 TBS almonds, 1 TBS pesto, and 1 TBS of goat cheese
230 Calories, 4 g protein, 4 g fiber
Alan: She looks up to me. She thinks I’m special. She thinks I’m smart.Charlie: She thinks gazpacho is Pinocchio’s father.
What's your favorite TV show?