01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Summertime & The Livin's Easy

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summertime & The Livin's Easy

Heat waves always remind me of the 90's band Sublime.  It probably has something to do with the 100+ degree heat wave and subsequent power outage I survived while living in D.C. two years ago.  My only solace in my air-condition free apartment was an iPod with my beloved band and the a/c at the gym.  I would spend all my time after work until they closed before trudging up the fourteen flights of stairs (did I mention that elevators run on electricity?) to home.



Since I am a produce diva when it comes to this time of the year, I scour various blogs to find something that sparks my culinary interest.
 NPR's Kitchen Window's piece on Market Fresh Breakfasts is pretty fantastic and deserves a look.