01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: Baby It's Cold Outside.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside.






Wow this winter blows.



This is the view from my kitchen window....nice screen, huh?
It's 12 degrees out and I have to do laundry. Go to the gym. Go to the store. I actually try to make a game out of how can I avoid going to the store or as they say in Western Maryland "going to the market". I really hate that phrase. Look at my fridge and see for yourself.

Anyway, I was doing some research and stumbled upon this little ditty from Medical News Today.

I really hate the V8 Frusion commercial where the family passes a plate of broccoli around and they have the vegetable serving numbers above their head. This article from MNT shows that:

"Research conducted at the Baylor College of Medicine revealed that
drinking vegetable juice helped overweight individuals with metabolic syndrome
lose more weight compared to non-juice drinkers. In the study, participants who
drank one to two servings of Low Sodium V8® 100% vegetable juice a day as part of a balanced diet increased their vegetable intake and lost an average of four
pounds over the 12-week study period. Those who did not drink juice lost only
one pound."

Well drink up then!