01 09 10 Tweet Dietitians Eat Chocolate Too: So I'm a Self-Proclaimed Pittsburgh B-List Celebrity

Monday, December 29, 2008

So I'm a Self-Proclaimed Pittsburgh B-List Celebrity

Alright, so I am officially quoted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. I haven't had any run ins with the paparazzi yet but I'm still hopeful.



Anyway, I am definitely looking forward to 2009 and am hoping you all have had an enjoyable (and hopefully not too caloric) holiday season.



Since I started this blog while doing an internship rotation at the International Food Information Council (http://www.ific.org/), I've greatly broadened my horizons not just in nutrition, but everything from getting a subscription to the Wall Street Journal to getting a personal trainer, flying to Chicago, and breezing through the RD Exam in 45 minutes.



Even if you had a crummy year (at this point of the year my patients have a tendency to vent all their problems non-medical related), knowing that there is an opportunity for a fresh start is a purifying experience for the penance of the previous year.



This is the main concept I want you to take with when you're upset for blowing your diet at a holiday party, drinking a few too many during the game (eating the supreme nachos, etc), or spending a Friday night with a few pints of Ben and Jerry (or maybe an entire pizza these things happen), life happens, sometimes there are calories...sometimes there are not.



Your next meal or next snack is an opportunity to make a better decision and as the Kellogg's ad reiterates "respect yourself in the morning".



Cheers to 2009!



And I want to toot my own horn one last time....

check me out in this article!!!



Boost your resolve with these ideas

(http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08364/937797-34.stm)